In my post last Friday, I wrote on how Retail was Finding APPS Important Throughout the Store. As much of a role as I anticipated, internet retailer editor in Chief Don Davis, reports e-commerce sales increased 17.4% over last Thanksgiving alone. Davis” figures and those in an article on MediaPost publications by Laurie Sullivan, refer to data released by IBM”s Smarter Commerce division, which measures about 500 of the largest online retailers in the U.S..
Some of the most interesting statistics Mr. Davis shared from the IBM report included:
- “At the end of the day the iPad drove more retail traffic than any other device with traffic reaching 10.7% versus the iPhone at 9.1% and Android at 5.8%.”
- “Visits to retail web sites also broke records, with Akamai Technologies Inc. reporting a peak of 7.63 million page views per minute from North American consumers to the web sites of its retail clients at 8:55 p.m. Eastern Time on Thanksgiving Day.”
- the central image on Macys.com Thanksgiving Day declared: “Shop Black Friday specials on your phone or tablet!”
Some of the other important information the IBM report revealed was shared by Ms. Sullivan in her story, “Smartphones, Tablets Spark Searches, Purchases On Thanksgiving Day.”
- At PriceGrabber.com, research shows that nearly 17% of online traffic came from smartphones during the Thanksgiving week
- Tablet traffic also remained strong — up 1,004.5% compared with the week prior.
Shoppers have clearly sent a message loud and clear to all retailers. Regardless of your size or product offering, your customers are using APPS.
According to Ms. Sullivan, the PriceGrabber research put Clothing took the No. 1 spot for the most-searched items across smartphones, tablets and desktops. Electronics took the No. 2 spot on smartphones, compared with indoor living items on tablets and desktops. Indoor living took No. 3 on smartphones, compared with electronics on tablets and laptops.
With Snappii, you can build your own APP using our visual WYSIWYG Editor, our Rich library of ready made industry specific templates. Our LiveBuild Preview APP lets you and your development team test the APP before making any final decisions.
Best of all, Snappii can help you have your APP completed 30 times faster than APPS requiring traditional, manual coding. Most Snappii users are able to see a prototype within 48 hours and release a fully functional APP in just weeks. You can make use of push notifications, shopping carts, forums, and even track downloads of your mobile mobile business apps, whether from Apple devices, Android devices, or devices using HTML5. Contact us today and see your APP come to life while the holiday shopping season is just getting started.