Download Construction Apps today. Free trial
iOS & Android Mobile Construction Apps for:
- Improve collaboration in the Field and between the Field and the Office
- Quickly Replace Exiting Paper Forms with Digital Forms
- Increase productivity and profits
- Apps Cover all aspects of Construction: People, Equipment and Inventory
- Most apps are Customized to fit specific company needs
Why Apps for construction?
Businesses have a lot of data to collect, analyze and save. Mobile technology in the construction industry can help construction business owners, as well as contractors, manage and analyze their businesses while gathering valuable insight that can improve their decision-making in the short and long run. Construction companies are now using technology to perform a wide range of tasks right form their mobile device.
Snappii’s main offering are their mobile apps for construction, however, they can create apps for any business that can enable employees to save time and focus on the job instead of IT. Even a user that struggles with technology can use, create or customize Snappii’s apps for construction without any coding skills. Mobile apps for construction allow contractors, service companies, salespeople and estimators to create on-site estimates for projects. Aside from improving the companies efficiency, the apps for construction work to speed up project estimation, eliminate paperwork and more.
Snappii offers a unique solution with its app-building platform. Mobile apps for construction can be built in days rather than months by utilizing Snappii’s app editing tool. With the robust platform, anyone can create, customize and use a pre-existing form as a mobile app without any coding skills.
Mobile business apps for construction can easily capture:
- GPS locations, maps, tracking information;
- dates and times;
- weather conditions;
- digital signatures;
- audios and videos;
- QR and bar codes;
Once data is collected, it can be:
- emailed to managers and workers;
- if offline, will store in the device until a connection is established;
- stored in databases for review and further reporting;
- sent to back-end systems;
- stored as PDFs on cloud drives.
Architecture, building and construction often involve fieldwork. Also, they require paperwork. Paper notes coming in from the field are often hard to read, sometimes making data inconsistent. However, thanks to the special apps for construction, data can be delivered immediately from the field in a convenient form and stored in the cloud so that it can always be accessed from mobile devices.
Paper is a pain, especially when most of the work involves being on the field. Paper notes coming from the field can sometimes be hard to read, making data inconsistent. In industries like architecture, building and construction, even the slightest lapse inaccuracy can be catastrophic. Mobile apps allow a user to grab data from the field and immediately deliver it to cloud services, or email, through mobile devices.
What is the benefit of mobile apps for construction?
Apps for construction can also enable collaboration between supervisors, engineers and builders to give employees more mobility. Because of the constant communication enabled by the app, the project managers' ability to manage their workforce and make well-informed decisions will increase tenfold, optimizing workflows in ways that were previously impossible. For example, the Work Order Assigner app allows managers and supervisors to stay on top of projects by creating tasks to assign to particular employees, providing details, time frames and tracking the task to completion in real-time.
Mobile devices enable a user to store data in one place, minimizing possible mistakes that come from entering data twice. Project details can be accessed anytime and anywhere, allowing teams to centralize their database and keep everyone on the same page. The Construction Manager app allows construction workers to create and share construction estimates, conduct inspections, fill out timesheets, track daily activities and share records all with a single click of a button. Because all of this information is backed up in the app, it’s easy to pull it up later for review.
Why do engineering and construction companies need apps for their work?
Mobility plays a major part in how efficient a company’s workflow is. For many engineering and construction companies, their processes are being choked by the inability to provide a solution that is lightweight and functional. Apps can help by making communication not only seamless but accurate.
Some of the many benefits of mobile business apps for construction are:
- Identify and avoid cost overruns by monitoring daily work operations by capturing fields like date, time, GPS, location, visual maps, photographs and signature capture.
- Aggregate data and allow it to be captured and display from back end systems,
- Submitting captured data where needed via Email, web post, internal databases and even in-app.
- Collect real-time workplace safety data to help predict potential risks and reduce accidents.
- Streamline and manage bid operations with immediate data capture and report access, including photos, drawings and signatures
- Easily access blueprints and design specs for multiple projects, all in one compact location, from anywhere.
- Track and access various items - like materials, work lists, punch lists, site status, weather conditions, supply deliveries and quality control – on the spot.
- Utilize multiple in-app calculators for materials (paint, concrete, lumber, roofing, drywall, carpet, steel…) and measurements (pitch, rise, run, arcs, circumference, right-angle, etc.).
- Access contact, bid and project information for everyone involved including architects, structural/civil engineers, subcontractors in every discipline, local government offices and more
- Work offline – store and access data locally and submit when the internet connection is available.
- House a document library for procedures manuals, checklists for QA/QC, safety and commissioning, local ordinances, hazardous material sheets, etc.
- Deploy notifications, information and updates/changes immediately across all devices.
After working in the industry for years, Snappii now believes they have a mobile solution to fit literally any problem. Snappii is home to a myriad of apps, most can be customized to meet specific business needs. If none of the apps in our catalog resonate with you, we can custom build an app utilizing our own platform for a fraction of the cost and time. Download some of our apps today and see for yourself!